Friday, June 24, 2011

Inspiration Board

Immediately after Philip and I were engaged people began to ask me how our wedding would be? what style? what colors? where? etc... To be completely honest, I repeatedly answered "I'm not sure yet, we have time to figure that out..." - In other words, I had not exactly been that girl  who planned out "my wedding day," (went to college from my MRS) or knew how everything was to run with me in the white dress.

While I am familiar with events and I absolutely love weddings and things that require a lot of design/set-up, I did not have our wedding planned before the engagement, nor within the months following.

This process is something to soak in when it is your own and you choose to have a full wedding day. I knew I did not want to hire a "wedding planner." I'm sorry, while I fully support and respect (dream about) that career, I have too much pride in my own personal Do-It-Yourself tactics, design and personality. (Plus, if you pick a venue that has an awesome coordinator, you have a great deal of help!) Philip and I both have strong enough personalities and opinions so we knew that we wanted to make our special day reflect us.

From style to colors, we knew we wanted to find some way to mash my mid-Atlantic coastal roots with his rustic Southern boy charm. Our love of the water, being comfortable, classic style and dining preferences made it a bit difficult to settle on a venue (which honestly, controls every other thing you do and plan).

During the year and half I had the opportunity to watch wedding blogs and come up with plenty of ideas for the day. I constantly check Style Me Pretty and Wedding Chicks for any fun ideas or great designs. One thing that Style Me Pretty taught me was to make an inspiration board. From years of athletics, Inspiration Boards were used to set goals and succeed in them. While I had plenty of boards for the wedding, different ones for different parts of the wedding, it really kept me focused on the design quality of the entire day.
Coming soon, I cannot wait to post all the stationary we designed & used!
This is our Wedding in an Inspiration Board...



Vendors
Videographer: Remedy Films
DJ: Austin Booth
Invitations: Cards & Pockets
Hair: Rachel Fastenau
Makeup: Jennifer Cox




No comments:

Post a Comment